Thyroid Health

You have symptoms of thyroid dysfunction and your blood tests came back"normal". Where do you go from there?

 

Our clinic looks at the thyroid as part of a hormone system and not as conventional medicine which looks at the thyroid alone.

 

There are many causes to thyroid dysfunction. This is seen especially in the menopause and peri-menopausal years. The connection between thyroid hormone imbalance and menopause is often overlooked.

 

But did you know depression, heart disease, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, PMS (premenstrual syndrome), menopausal symptoms, muscle and joint pains, irritable bowel syndrome, or autoimmune disease could actually indicate a problem with your thyroid?

The first thing to do if you are experiencing thyroid symptoms is to get a full thyroid blood panel. These include not only TSH but also T3, T4, and thyroid antibodies. Autoimmune thyroid is very common and can be found easily with blood tests. 

 

We have found that many women who test within the “normal” range of traditional medical standards still need thyroid support. Their TSH may be only slightly elevated, but enough so that it influences their metabolism and causes many thyroid symptoms such as fatigue, lethargy, poor quality hair and nails, hair loss, dry skin, cold hands and feet, and constipation.

 

For these women, supplemental nutrition and a regular meal plan helps to resolve these symptoms. However,  only about 20% of the women suffering from thyroid symptoms suffer from primary thyroid problems. The other 80% are suffering due to a primary problem elsewhere in the hormonal system that is causing decrease thyroid function.

Symptoms of thyroid conditions are not sufficient evidence to conclude that someone has a thyroid abnormality, but it is one part of the picture we try to bring into focus. In addition, efforts to lose weight without addressing related thyroid issues are doomed to fail.

Take Charge of Your Health

Female checking thyroid gland by herself. Close up of woman in white t- shirt touching nec
Word writing text Thyroid Disease. Business concept for the thyroid gland fails to produce

What you can do about your Thyroid Condition?

Foods for healthy thyroid. Variety of natural healing foods that nourish the thyroid gland

You do not have to suffer and live with thyroid symptoms! The greatest success is found through a holistic, natural approach that considers thyroid function as an integral part of your overall hormonal balance. At Balanced Body Wellness Centre we look at the individual needs of each patient and treat them accordingly.

Schedule An Appointment

Schedule an initial consult to get an understanding of your goals and what problems you've been having.

Create A Plan

After evaluating your examine and lab findings, we will develop a comprehensive health plan.

Get Your Life Back

Our individualized care plans and treatments will get you back to feeling great and living life to the fullest.

Calendar

Schedule An Appointment

Schedule an initial consult to get an understanding of your goals and what problems you have been having that you would like to resolve.

Create A Plan

After evaluating your lab findings and exam results, we will develop a comprehensive health plan. 

Get Your Life Back

Our individualized care plans and treatments will get you back to feeling great and living life to the fullest.